Affiliated Programs and Centers
- Avian Biosciences Center – The Avian Biosciences Center at the University of Delaware is established to be a center of excellence for research, education, and outreach programs that will provide solutions to contemporary problems in the avian biosciences.
- Blue Hen Blankets & Yarn – Blue Hen Blankets & Yarn, established in 2009, are made from wool shorn from the University of Delaware’s flock of Dorset sheep at the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Charles C. Allen Laboratory – The Charles C. Allen Laboratory located on the Universities main campus in Newark is a world class research laboratory that is used to address basic and applied research in infectious diseases with emphasis on epidemiology, pathogenesis, vaccine development and evaluation.
- Dairy Science Research, Teaching and Extension – The dairy science research, teaching, and extension programs of the University of Delaware work cooperatively to integrate the findings from basic and applied research into cost-effective management practices for the dairy industry in the Northeast region, nationally, and abroad.
- Delaware Biotechnology Institute – The Delaware Biotechnology Institute is a magnet for life science research and development. We support multidisciplinary, collaborative academic research at all of Delaware’s research organizations including the University of Delaware, Delaware State University, Christiana Care Health System, Nemours / AI DuPont Hospital for Children, Wesley College, and Delaware Technical and Community College. We foster academic-industrial research partnerships and work to support the local bioscience industry (from start-ups to multinationals) in partnership with the Delaware Bioscience Association.
- The Food Science Program – The University of Delaware’s Food Science Program integrates rigorous research, teaching, and outreach programs focused on food safety and food processing technologies.
- Poultry Science, Research, Teaching and Extension – Preventing and controlling poultry diseases is one of the greatest challenges faced by the poultry industry. The Avian Biosciences Center Poultry Health System at the University of Delaware provides comprehensive diagnostic services integrated with applied and basic research to identify and control poultry diseases.
- UDairy Creamery – The UDairy Creamery, established in 2008, produces premium ice cream made with the milk from the cows on the farm at the University of Delaware College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Founded on science, sustainability and entrepreneurship, the Creamery encourages discovery learning, with University students involved in every aspect of making and selling ice cream “from the cow to the cone.”