Personnel – Biological Control of Invasive Plants Research
Our lab focuses on ecological aspects of biological control, especially for control of invasive plants in natural and managed ecosystems.
Hough-Goldstein Lab Group (2012)
Back: Scott Berg, Kaity Handley, Jeff Smith
Front: Judy Hough-Goldstein, Amanda Stout, Kiri Cutting, Sam Nestory
Dr. Judy Hough-Goldstein
(part-time with this lab)
Kiri Joy Cutting
Graduate Student Researchers:
- Lake, Ellen C. (PhD, 2011). Biological control of mile-a-minute weed, Persicaria perfoliata, and integrating weed management techniques to restore invaded sites.
- Cutting, Kiri J. (MS, 2011). An integrated approach to the restoration of areas invaded by mile-a-minute weed (Persicaria perfoliata) using biological control and herbaceous native seeding.
- Frye, Matthew J. (PhD, 2010). Response of kudzu (Pueraria montana var. lobata) to different types and levels of simulated insect herbivore damage.
- Ellen C. Lake (MS, 2007). Dispersal, establishment, and impact of the mile-a-minute weevil, Rhinoncomimus latipes Korotyaev (Coleoptera: Curculionidae): a two-year study in southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Frye, Matthew J. (MS, 2006). Biology and host specificity of Gonioctena tredecimmaculata (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae), a potential biological control agent for kudzu.
- Ballard, Meg (MS, 2006). Differences in insect populations on native and alien plants in an early successional community.
- Colpetzer, Keith E. (MS, 2003). An evaluation of the Asian weevil, Homorosoma Chinese Wagner (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), a potential biological control agent of mile-a-minute weed, Polygonum perfoliatum L. (Polygonales: Polygonaceae).
- Price, Dana L. (MS, 2001). Biology and host specificity of Timandra griseata Peterson (Lepidoptera: Geometridae) and Homorosoma chinensis Wagner (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), candidate biological control agents for mile-a-minute weed, Polygonum perfoliatum L. (Polygonaceae).
- Jeffery Smith
- Amanda Stout
- Samantha Nestory
- Joseph Thomas
- Liz Drummond
- Kelsey Paras
- Shane LaCoss
- Rachel Schnaitman
- Brian Butterworth
- Jason Graham
- Jamie Pool