February is National African American History Month!
This month is used to celebrate significant contributions and achievements of African Americans and their role throughout our nation’s history.
Mission Statement: The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources is committed to promoting an inclusive and supportive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The CANR Diversity Committee is actively developing activities, training, and programming aligned with UD’s Diversity Action Plan.
Feedback and Committee Membership: The College’s Diversity Committee members welcome your comments, questions, and feedback via the link below. All members of CANR (undergraduate students, graduate students, staff, and faculty) interested in serving on the committee are welcome and can join by following the link below.
- The AGcelerate Enrichment Program, a program for CANR student success: http://canr.udel.edu/agcelerate/
- Summer Institute, a CANR undergraduate research program: http://canr.udel.edu/canrsi/
- UD ADVANCE, a UD program aimed at increasing opportunities for women and, in particular, women of color: http://sites.udel.edu/advance/
CANR Diversity Committee Members
- Afraa Al Hchaimi, graduate student representative
- Susan Barton, PLSC faculty representative
- Ashleigh Bothwell, graduate student representative
- Doug Crouse, CANR Cooperative Extension representative
- Katie Daly, Undergraduate Student Services representative
- Deborah Delaney, ENWC faculty representative
- Rocio Garcia, undergraduate student representative
- Tanya Gressley, CANR Chief Diversity Advocate and ANFS faculty member
- Lesa Griffiths, ANFS faculty representative
- Mufasa Johnson, undergraduate student representative
- Palaniappa Krishnan, APEC faculty representative
- Finnigan Madison, undergraduate student representative
- Christy Mannering, CANR Web Developer
- Kawkab Rasheed, CANR Diversity Liaison and Business Officer
- Adam Thomas, CANR Interim Communications Director
- Kathleen Wright, undergraduate student representative
- Sameeha Zele, undergraduate student representative