Jules Bruck, RLA, ASLA, APLD
- Ph.D. Texas A&M University, 1997
- M. Agr. Penn State University, 1993
- B.S. Penn State, 1991
- PLSC 103 – Field Sketching
- PLSC 203 – Portfolio Review
- PLSC 232 – Foundations of Landscape Architecture
- PLSC 233 – Foundations Studio
- PLSC 250 – Design Process Practicum
- PLSC 450 – Ecological Planting Design
- PLSC 456 – Senior Capstone
- ENTR 356 – Creativity and Design Thinking
Evolution Landscape Design, LLC
Owner of a successful landscape design consulting business specializing in custom landscapes for residential clients, sustainable design and design process.
Since 1997, I have worked with over one hundred residential clients as a designer, contractor, and consultant. Several residential clients have had their home and gardens featured in local and international garden tours. Current focus includes public projects with opportunities to incorporate best management practices into the design. Expanded teaching offerings include workshops on design for innovation, creativity and design thinking. Several recent major projects are listed below:
Recent Major Projects:
Summer 2012 – Spring 2013 Philadelphia International Flower Show, Major Exhibitor
- Worked collaboratively with a team of students and faculty from the University of Delaware to develop an educational exhibit with the theme, “You Are Brilliant!”
Fall 2012 – present Imperfect City, Invited Exhibitor
Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts, Wilmington, DE
- Invited to develop a garden project for Imperfect City, an upcoming exhibition
- Presentation of the garden as part of a June 2013 three-day Symposioum
Summer 2010- Spring 2011 Philadelphia International Flower Show, Major Exhibitor
- Worked collaboratively with a team of students and faculty from the University of Delaware to develop an award winning educational exhibit displaying a Parisian street scene.
Spring 2008 – 2012 National Conifer Garden at the Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College,
- Developed conceptual and detailed master plans for a high profile 2-acre conifer garden to be located on Swarthmore College campus designed to demonstrate to homeowners how conifers can be used in the home landscape.
Fall 2010 – Fall 2011 Fisker Automotive, Newport, DE.
- Worked with Fisker Automotive to develop a site plan for their 142-acre assembly plant located in Newport, DE.
- Hosted a design charette with key players to uncover key design parameters.
- Submitted a conceptual redesign of the main building focal feature.
- Drafted a conceptual design that removes 30+ acres of asphalt and restores the space to a park with a central parkway; a large rain garden and shady spaces for Fisker employees and the community.
- Participating as core team member for overall facility design with professional architectural and civil engineering firms.
- Engaged students in professional meetings and presentations.
Fall 2009-Fall 2010 Tyler Arboretum
Sustainable Learning Center Master Plan
Tyler Arboretum, Media, PA
- Developed a master plan for a 10-acre site at Tyler Arboretum, a public garden, to display sustainable landscape practices to homeowners.
- Hosted a design charette inviting five local experts to work with Tyler staff and University of Delaware students and faculty to develop conceptual ideas.
- Helped to redesign and launch a new system for their existing organic vegetable garden display and coordinated fresh food donations to the Media food bank.
- Green infrastructure for community redevelopment
- Biodiversity Planning and Design
- Creativity and design thinking
- Design education
Professional Engagement – ASLA
Joshua M. Duke, Jules Bruck, Susan Barton, Megan Murray, Shreeram Inamdar, Douglas W. Tallamy, Public preferences for ecosystem services on exurban landscapes: A case study from the Mid-Atlantic, USA, Heliyon, Volume 2, Issue 7, July 2016, Article e00127, ISSN 2405-8440, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2016.e00127.
In The News
For the Record – Downtown Revitalization Awards http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2016/mar/for-the-record-032516.html
Ramble on Broad Creek http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2016/sep/laurel-ramble-093015.html
Sketching Brazil http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2011/oct/native-plants-lawns100410.html
For the Record – Community Presentations http://www.udel.edu/udaily/2016/may/for-the-record-052716/
UD students use newspaper photo as landscape inspiration http://www.delawareonline.com/story/life/home-garden/delaware-gardener/2016/03/08/ud-students-use-newspaper-photo-landscape-inspiration/81513386/
Land Ethics Award http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2015/mar/land-ethics-award-031615.html
CANR Researchers Promote Native Plants for Suburban Lawns http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2011/oct/native-plants-lawns100410.html
Forest to Pharmacy http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2015/feb/flower-show-022415.html
Sustainable Lawns http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2012/may/sustainable-lawns-053112.html
Better Living (Activating UD Spaces) http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2016/dec/active-spaces-120815.html
Philly Flower Show http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2014/mar/phila-flower-show-030414.html
UD Professors to Showcase Rainwater Harvesting at Philadelphia Flower Show http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2011/mar/Flower-Show-exhibit-030411.html
Brilliant Design http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2013/mar/phila-flower-show-030513.html
Who’s Downstream http://www1.udel.edu/udaily/2013/jun/brandywine-dcca-060513.html