- Ph. D. Food Technology 2005 Clemson University, Clemson, SC Dissertation Topics: Characterization of Phytochemicals in Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) and Their Biological Activities
- M. S. Food Science 2000 Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, P.R.China Thesis Topics: Studies on the Making Procedure of Orange Dry Wine
- B. S. Agricultural Product Processing 1997 Zhejiang Agricultural University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, P.R.China
- Separation and identification of bioactive compounds from foods, spices or medicinal herbs using column chromatography techniques, HPLC/PDA, LC/MS, GC/MS, and NMR analysis; Assessments of bioactivities of nutraceuticals and functional foods using antimicrobial tests, cell cultures, and antioxidant assays; Effects of processing methods on efficacy and safety of functional foods and minimally processed foods; Synergistic or antagonistic effects of bioactive compounds; Impact of bioactive compounds on obesity and heart disease.
- Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) 1/2003-present
- The American Oil Chemist’s Society 1/2004-12/2005
Wu, C., Duckett, S., Neel, P. S., Fontenot, J. P., Clapham, W.M. (2008). Influence of Finishing Systems on Hydrophilic and Lipophilic Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) in Beef. Meat Science (in press). Published online March 14, 2008.
Shao Y., He Y., Wu C. (2008). Dose Detection of Radiated Rice by Infrared Spectroscopy and Chemometrics. J. Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 56, 3960‐3965
Wu, C., Chen, F., Wang, X., Wu, Y., Dong, M., He, G, Galyean, R., He, L., Huang, G. Identification of Antioxidant Phenolic Compounds in Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) by HPLC-ESI-MS/MS and NMR. Phytochemical Analysis, 18, 401-410.
Li, X., He, Y., Wu, C. Discrimination of the Paddy Seeds with Different Storage Periods based on Vis/NIR Spectroscopy. Journal of Stored Products, (in press).
Li, X., He, Y., Wu, C., Sun, D. Nondestructive Measurement and Fingerprint Analysis of Soluble Solid Content of Tea Soft Drink based on Vis/NIR Spectroscopy. Food Engineering, (in press).Wu, C., Chen, F., Wang, X., Kim, H-J., He, G, Haley-Zitlin, V., Huang, G. (2006).
Antioxidant Constituents in Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) Extract and Their Chromatographic Quantification. Food Chemistry, 96, 220-227.