Lesa G. Griffiths, Ph.D.
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, B.S., 1980
- Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN, M.S.1983
- Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN, Ph.D. 1986
- ANFS 101 Introduction to Animal Science
- ANFS 251/252 Animal Nutrition
- ANFS 261 Companion Animal Nutrition
- ANFS 417 Beef Cattle and Sheep Production
- ANFS 418 Swine Production
- ANFS 419 Topics in Intern’l Animal Agriculture: Pastoral Livestock Prod. in New Zealand (Study Abroad)
- Member of the Association of International Education Administrators
- Member of NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Member of the American Society of Animal Science
Honors and Awards
- Agriculture College Council Academic Advising Award, 2008
- University of Delaware, Distinguished Teaching Award from UD-On-line. 2007
- Purdue University Distinguished Agricultural Alumni Award. 2004
- University of Delaware Excellence in Teaching Award. 2003
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Graduation Speaker –selected by the graduating seniors, 2002
- University of Delaware YouDee Leadership Award: Outstanding Club Advisor (Equestrian Team), 2002, 2007, 2009
- U.S.D.A. Excellence in College and University Teaching – National Award. 1998
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Academic Honorary Society – Faculty Award and Lifelong Membership. 1998
- Alpha Gamma Rho Faculty Appreciation Award.1995
- Outstanding Teaching Award. College of Agricultural Sciences. University of Delaware. 1992
- Mortar Board National Honor Society Faculty Award. University of Delaware. 1991
Griffiths, L., Kitto, S., Halbrendt, C. And T. Mullins. Are gene altered plants an ecological threat?: A case study. Problem-Based Learning Clearinghouse. 4/01.
Kitto, S.L., L.G. Griffiths, and J. Pesek. A long-term study of knowledge, ethics and risk for students enrolled in an introductory biotechnology course. Journal of Animal Science. 81:1348. 2003.
Chieffo, L and L. Griffiths. What’s a month worth? Student perceptions of what they learned abroad. International Educator. Volume 12:4. Fall 2003.
Chieffo, L. and L. Griffiths. Short-Term Study Abroad It Makes a Difference! IIE Networker, Spring 2004.
Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. Large-Scale Assessment of Student Attitudes After a Short-Term Study Abroad Program. Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad. Volume 10. 2004.
Gleason M., Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. Study Abroad and McNair Scholars: A Partnership for Success! IIE Network web publication. 2005. http://www.iienetwork.org/?p=71205
Chieffo L. and L. Griffiths. LIFE Abroad: A Unique Model for Study Abroad. IIE Networker, Fall 2006.