- Ph.D., Environmental Toxicology/Soil Physics, University of California, Riverside, 1994
- M.S., Soil Chemistry, New Mexico State University, 1989
- B.S., Soil Science, Hebei Agricultural University, China, 1983
- Contaminant Fate and Transport in Soil
- Environmental Soil Physics
- We are interested in measurement, modeling, and interpretation of mass transport and transformation in soil and other environmental systems. Our current research areas include: (1) colloid (natural colloids, nanoparticles and microorganisms) retention and transport in saturated and unsaturated soils; (2) colloid mobilization and its relation to biogeochemical cycling of organic carbon in redox-active environments (e.g., wetlands); (3) fate and bioavailability of colloidal phosphorous released from agricultural sources in watersheds; (4) effects of physicochemical properties and hydrological processes on microbial contamination of fresh produce; and (5) biophysics of the rhizosphere.For more detail, please go to the Environmental Soil Physics Lab Website: http://sites.udel.edu/yjin/
- Associate Editor: Vadose Zone Journal, 2003 – present
- American Chemical Society
- American Geophysical Union
- Association of Chinese Soil and Plant Scientists in North America
- Soil Science Society of America
Wang, D. J., Y. Jin, and D.P. Jaisi. 2015. Effect of Size Selective Retention on the Cotransport of Hydroxyapatite and Goethite Nanoparticles in Saturated Porous Media. Environ. Sci. Technol. 49 (14), 8461-8470.
Zheng, W., X. Yu, and Y. Jin. 2015. Considering Surface Roughness Effects in a Triangular Pore Space Model for Unsaturated Hydraulic Conductivity. Vadose Zone J. doi:10.2136/vzj2014.09.0121, 14(7).
Shen, C.; Y. Jin; B. Li; W. Zheng; Y. Huang. 2014. Facilitated attachment of nanoparticles at primary minima by nanoscale roughness is susceptible to hydrodynamic drag under unfavorable chemical conditions, Sci Total Environ. 466-467: 1094-1102.
Lazouskaya, V., L.-P. Wang, D. Or, G. Wang, J. L. Caplan, and Y. Jin. 2013. Colloid mobilization by fluid displacement fronts in channels. J. Colloid. Interf. Sci. DOI 10.1016/j.jcis.2013.05.078
Zheng, W., L-P. Wang, D. Or, V. Lazouskaya, and Y. Jin. 2012. Role of mixed boundaries on flow in open capillary channels with curved air−water interfaces. Langmuir, 28, 12753−12761.
Wang, C., A. D. Bobba, R. Attinti, C. Sheng, V. Lazouskaya, L.-P. Wang, and Y. Jin. 2012. Retention and transport of silica nanoparticles in saturated porous media: effect of concentration and particle size. Environ. Sci. & Technol. 46(13):7151-7158.
Chen, J., and Y. Jin. 2011. Motility of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in saturated granular media as affected by chemoattractant. J. Contam. Hydrol. 126(1-2):113-20.
Wang, C., V. Lazouskaya, M.E. Fuller, J.L. Caplan, C.E. Schaefer, and Y. Jin. 2011. Dissolution of microscale energetic residues in saturated porous media: Visualization and quantification at the pore sale by spectral confocal microscopy. Environ. Sci. & Technol., 45: 8352-8358.
Lazouskaya, V., L-P. Wang, H. Gao, G. X. Shi, K. Czymmek, Y. Jin. 2011. Pore-scale investigation of colloid transport and retention in the presence of dynamic air-water interface. Vadose Zone J. 3:434-443.
Shen, C., Y. Huang, B. Li, and Y. Jin. 2010. Predicting attachment efficiency of colloid deposition under unfavorable chemical conditions. Water Resour. Res. VOL. 46, W11526, 12 PP., 2010, doi:10.1029/2010WR009218.
Attinti, R., J. Wei, K. Kniel, J.T. Sims, and Y. Jin. 2010. Virus (MS2, fX174 and Aichi) transport through sand columns and their interaction force measurements by atomic force microscopy. Environ. Sci. & Technol. 44(7): 2426-2432.
Hu, J., Y. Zevi, X. Kou, J. Q. Xiao, X. Wang, Y. Jin. 2010. Effect of dissolved organic matter on the stability of magnetite nanoparticles under different pH and ionic strength conditions. Sci. of The Total Environ. 408(16): 3477-3489.
Wei, J., Y. Jin, J.T. Sims, and K.E. Kniel. 2010. Attachment and internalization of murine norovirus-1 in manure and biosolids to Romaine lettuce. Appl. & Environ. Microbiol. 76(2):578-583.
For a complete list of publications, please see: http://sites.udel.edu/yjin/publications-2/