Gordon C. Johnson
- Ph.D., Plant and Soil Science, University of Delaware
- M.S., Horticulture, Clemson University
- B.S., Agronomy, University of Maryland
Areas of Responsibility:
- Serves as liaison with and advisor to the vegetable and fruit industry in Delaware
- Conducts applied research in vegetable, fruit, and specialty horticulture crops including variety trials, advanced breeding material evaluation, reserach on horticultural production methods, adaption research and new crop evaluations, nutrient management and plant nutrition research and new technologies for the vegetable and fruit industry.
- Develops production recommendations for fruits and vegetables specifically for Delaware conditions based on applied research.
- Conducts on-farm vegetable and fruit research trials and demonstrations to promote improved production practices.
- Develops extension programs for horitcultural food crops.
- Provides targeted trainings and regulatory updates for the Delaware fruit and vegetable industries.