- Education PhD l984 Purdue University, Horticulture
Dissertation: In Vitro Production of Seeds by Encapsulation of Asexual Embryos
- MS l980 University of Florida, Fruit Crops
Thesis: In Vitro Propagation of Citrus Rootstocks
- BS l972 Waynesburg College, Biology, cum laude.
- Current Courses PLSC 455 Issues in Plant and Soil Sciences
- Plant tissue culture: 1) development of propagation protocols for plants native to the eastern temperate U.S., 2) development of transformed crops for functional genomic studies (joint research projects)
- Tissue Culture Association (TCA)
- American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS)
- The International Plant Propagators’ Society
- Perennial Plant Association
S.L.Kitto, L. G. Griffiths and J. Pesek. 2003. A Long-term Study of Knowledge, Risk and Ethics for Students Enrolled in an Introductory Biotechnology Course. J. Anim Sci. 81:1348-1353. http://jas.fass.org/cgi/content/abstract/81/5/1348?etoc
Santamaria, Luisa, Robert Mulrooney, S.L. Kitto. 2004. Screening for root-knot nematode response in somaclonal variants of Solanum quitoense Lam., Nematropica 2004 June, v. 34, no. 1, p. 73-82.