Jung-Youn Lee, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1997
Dissertation title: Isolation and Characterization of Calmodulin-like Domain Kinase from Soybean
- M.S. Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1992
Dissertation title: Isolation and molecular characterization of endosperm-specific Bittle-2 promoter from Zea maize
- B.S. Horticultural Sciences, Korea University, Seoul, Korea, 1990
- PLSC 467/667 Paradigms in Cell Signaling
- PLSC675 Current Topics of Plant Biology
- Our major research focuses are on elucidating how pant cells communicate through plasmodesmata, plant-unique intercellular communication channels by identifying the molecular components and investigating their roles in plant growth and development.
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (since 2005)
- American Society of Plant Biologists (since 1994)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (since 1994)
Lee, J.-Y.** and Lu, H. (2011). Plasmodesmata: the battleground against Intruders. Trends Plant Sci. 16:201-210.
Lee, J.-Y.**, Wang, X., Cui, W., Sager, R., Modla, S., Czymmek, K., Zybaliov, B., van Wijk, K., Zhang,C., Lu, H, and Lakshmanan, V. (2011). A Plasmodesmata-Localized Protein Mediates Crosstalk between Cell-to-Cell Communication and Innate Immunity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 23:3353-3373.
Sager, R. and Lee, J.-Y.** (2012). To close or not to close: Plasmodesmata in defense. Plant Signal. & Behavior. 3:431-436.
Zhou, J., Wang, X., Lee, J.-Y. and Lee, J.-Y.** (2013). Cell-to-cell movement of two interacting AT hook factors in the root vascular tissue patterning. Plant Cell, 25:187-201.
Wang, X., Sager, R., Cui, W., R., Zhang,C., Lu, H, and Lee, J.-Y.** (2013). Salicylic acid regulates cell-to-cell communication during innate immune responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell, 25:2315-2329.
Lee, J.-Y. (2014). New and old roles of plasmodesmata in immunity and parallels to tunneling nanotubes. Plant Science 221:13-20.
Modla, S., Caplan,J., Czymmek, K., Lee, J.-Y.** (2014). PD Localization of fluorescently-tagged protein by correlative light and electron microscopy. Methods in Molecular Biology. In press.
Cui, W., Wang, X. and Lee, J.-Y.** (2014). Drop-ANd-See: a simple, real-time, and non-invasive technique for assaying plasmodesmal permeability. Methods in Molecular Biology. In press.
Sager, R. and Lee, J.-Y.** (2014). Plasmodesmata in integrative cell signaling. J. Exp. Bot. In press.