John D. Pesek
- M.S., Statistics, Purdue University, 1980
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Michigan, 1975
- M.A., Mathematics, University of Michigan, 1969
- B.A., Mathematics, University of Michigan, 1968
- STAT 616 – Advanced Design of Experiments
- STAT/APEC 674 – Applied Data Base Management
- STAT 675 – Logistic Regression
- Statistical Analysis and Design as Applied to Agriculture
- Statistical Support for Variety Tests
Activities and Honors
- Member, American Statistical Association
Bernard, John C., Pesek, Jr. John D. and Pan, Xiqian (2007), “Consumer Likelihood to Purchase Chickens with Novel Production Attributes”, Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 39, 581-596.
Olszewski, M., Pill W., Pizzolato T. D., and Pesek, J. D. (2005), “Priming Duration Influences Anatomy and Germination Responses of Parsley Mericarps,” Journal of the American Society of Horticultural Science,130, 5, 754-758.
Bernard, J. C., Pesek, Jr. J. D., and Fan, C. (2004), “Performance Results and Characteristics of Adopters of Genetically Engineered Soybeans in Delaware,” Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, 33, 282-292.
Vasilas, B., Vasilas, L., Thompson, J., Rizzo, A., Fuhrmann, J., Evans, T., Pesek, J., and Kunkle, K. (2004), “Ectomycorrhizal Mantles as Indicators of Hydrology for Jurisdictional Wetland Determinations,” Wetlands,24, 784-795.
Wilson, A., Hough-Goldstein, J., vanGessel, M., and Pesek, J. (2004), “Effects of Varying Weed Communities in Corn on European Corn Borer, Ostrinia nubilalis (Hubner) (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) Oviposition and Egg Mass Predation,” Environmental Entomology, 33,320-327.
Bernard, J. C., Pesek, Jr., J. D., and Fan, C. (2004), “Delaware Farmers’ Adoption of GE Soybeans in a Time of Uncertain U.S. Adoption,” Agribusiness: An International Journal, 20, 81-94.
Kitto, S. L., Griffiths, L. G., and Pesek, J. D. (2003), “A long-term study of knowledge, risk, and ethics for students enrolled in an introductory biotechnology course,” Journal of Animal Science 81, 1348-1353. (Teaching Publication)
Witmer, J. E., Hough-Goldstein, J. , and Pesek, J. D. (2003), “Ground-dwelling and foliar arthropods in four cropping systems,” Environmental Entomology, 32, 366-376.