- Habilitation in Probability and Mathematical Statistics,
Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary 1983
- Ph.D. in Probability and Mathematical Statistics,
Lor’and E”otv”os University, Budapest, Hungary, 1973
- MS in Mathematics,
Loránd Eötvös University, Budapest, Hungary, 1969
- Research concentrated on problems related to biostatistics and bioinformatics.
- Recent collaboration on genomics, DNA microarray analysis and theoretical aspects and computer modeling of evolution.
- Researched multivariate statistical analysis; introduced novel clustering methods and network modeling and identification, has research papers in projection pursuit, multivariate density estimation and regression, factor analysis, and cluster analysis of binary high dimensional data sets.
- Also have researched on estimation procedures such as distribution and density estimation for survival analysis and for the Cox model.
- Author or co-author of over 50 publications, with works are cited more than 200 times.
- As director of the Statistical Laboratory at the University of Delaware, provides statistical support for the research of faculty members, as well as masters- and doctoral-level students.
- Has conducted work for several agencies of the State of Delaware, and for corporate clients.
- Held visiting position at the Renyi Mathematical Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Research consultant for DuPont Pioneer Crop Genetics during sabbatical.
- Member of American Statistical Association
- Member of Delaware Chapter American Statistical Association
- Member of Institute of Mathematical Statistics
R.L. Witt and L.Rejtõ, (2007) Spinal accessory nerve monitoring in selective and
modified neck dissection, Laryngoscope 117, pp. 776-780.
D. DeGraff, M. Malik, Q. Chen, K. Miyako, L. Rejtõ, A. Aguiar, D. Bancroft,
P. Cohen and R. Sikes, (2007) Hormonal regulation of IGFBP-2 proteolysis is
attenuated with progression to androgen insensitivity in the LNCaP progression
model, Journal of Cellular Physiology 213, pp. 261-268.
L.Rejtõ and G.Tusnady, (2006) Reconstruction of Kauffman networks applying
trees, Linear Algebra and Application 417, pp. 220-244.
F.J.DeMiccio, Y.Lin, L.Liu, L.Rejtõ, S.Beldona and D.Bancroft, (2006)
The effect of holidays on hotel daily revenue
Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, 30 pp 117-133.
L.Rejtõ and G.Tusnady, (2005) Clustering methods in microarrays,
Periodica Mathematica Hungarica, 50, pp 199-221.
L.R.Witt, G.S.Weinstein and L.Rejt?o, (2005)
Tympanomastoid Suture & Digastric Muscle in Cadaver & Live Parotidectomy,
Laryngoscope, 115, pp 574-577.
L.A.Cogburn, X.Wang, W.Carre, L.Rejtõ, S.E.Aggrey, M.J.Duclos, J.Simon and
T.E.Porter, (2004) Functional genomics in chickens: development of integratedsystems
microarrays for transcriptional profiling and discovery of regulatory
pathways, Comparative and Functional Genomics, 5, pp. 253-261.
L.A.Cogburn, X.Wang, W.Carre, L.Rejtõ, T.E.Porter, S.Aggrey and J.Simon,
(2003) System-wide chicken DNA microarrays, gene expression profiling, and
discovery of functional genes, Journal of Poultry Science Association, 82, pp. 939-951.
L.Rejtõ and G.Tusnady, (2002) Evolution of Boolean networks in Tierra environment,
Limit Theorems in Probability and Statistics II., (eds. I. Berkes, et al.), pp. 499-526.