- Post-Doctoral Fellow in Entomology, University of Iowa, 1980–1981
- Ph.D. Entomology, University of Maryland, 1980
- M.S. Entomology, Rutgers University, 1976
- B.S. Biology, Allegheny College, 1973
Regular Courses Taught
- ENWC 444, Conservation of Tropical Ecosystems (Study abroad to Costa Rica), Winter
- ENWC 450, Debates in Conservation Biology (Study abroad to Costa Rica), Winter
- ENWC 620, Behavioral Ecology, Spring
- ENWC 814, Advanced Ecology, Fall
- Behavioral Ecology of Insects
- Conservation of biodiversity
- Impact of alien plants on native ecosystems
- Plant-insect interactions
Professional Affiliations and Service
- Joint Faculty Appointment, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, 1982-present
- Entomological Society of America
- The International Union for the Study of Social Insects
- The Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour
- The International Heteropterists Society
- Narango, Desiree. In Progress. Ph.D. in Entomology and Wildlife Ecologyc
- Ballard, Meg. In Progress. Ph.D. in Entomology and Wildlife Ecology
- Ryan, William. In Progress. Ph.D. in Entomology and Wildlife Ecology
- Cutting, Brian. 2011. An evaluation of butterfly gardens as restoration tools using the monarch butterfly Danaus plexippus. M.S. in Entomology
- Beal, Christy. 2011. Migrant and breeding bird use ornamental trees in managed landscapes. Ph.D. in Entomology and Widlife Ecology.
- Reed, Erin. 2010. Bottom-up effect on top-down control in a suburban landscape. M.S. in Entomology.
|2013||74. Burghardt, K. T. and D. W. Tallamy. 2013. Plant origin asymmetrically impact feeding guilds and drives community structure of herbivorous arthropods. Diversity and Distributions 19: 1553–1565.73.
Ballard, M., J. Hough-Goldstein and D.W. Tallamy. 2013. Arthropod communities on native and non-native early successional plants. Environmental Entomology 42: 851–859.