Do more than visit. Explore!
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Fall Exploration Days 2014
We have found that students who spend the day with us exploring our programs and discussing possible careers, have a better understanding of where they want to be in the future.
Your time on campus will include: meals, interacting with current students and faculty, and hands on laboratory and field activities. You will have the option to choose between two days and the following areas of study:
October 24, 2014: Exploring Animal & Food Sciences
- Food Science
- Poultry Science(perfect for those students with an interest in animal science and pre-veterinary medicine)
November 7, 2014: Exploring Food Systems, Ecosystems & the Environment
Experience a variety of programs in:
- Applied Economics & Statistics
- Entomology & Wildlife Ecology
- Plant & Soil Sciences
Who can apply to Exploration Days?
- Students in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school.
- Students with academic promise as demonstrated by strong grades.
- Students in college-preparatory studies.
- Students who have shown aptitude in science are preferred.
How do I apply?
- Complete the student application
- Provide one recommendation form from a teacher, FFA advisor, or 4-H agent
- Submit an unofficial or official copy of your high school transcript.
- Submit all application materials together by September 22, 2014
Mail: Exploration Day 2014
Office of Undergraduate Student Services
University of Delaware
104 Townsend Hall
Newark, DE 19716-2103
How are students selected?
- A faculty committee will review all applications and determine the most qualified applicants.
When will I know if I have been selected?
- September 22, 2014 Application Deadline
- October 1, 2014 Winners Announced (winners will be notified via email)
Please call the Office of Undergraduate Student Services (302) 831-2508 or email us for further information.