COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE
Future Undergraduate Students
Future Students Home
Majors and Minors
Top 10 Reasons
Meet Our Ag Ambassadors
Careers and Internships
Apply to UD
Just for Transfers
Commitment to Delawareans
Prospective Student and Family Visit Form
Step 1: Complete Biographical Data
Date of birth
Cell Phone Number
High School Student
Name of High School
Year of High School Graduation
Major Interest(s) (may choose more than one)
Agriculture and Natural Resources
Animal and Food Sciences
Environmental and Resource Economics
Environmental Soil Science
Food and Agribusiness Marketing and Management
Insect Ecology and Conservation
Landscape Horticulture and Design
Natural Resource Management
Pre-Veterinary Medicine and Animal Biosciences
Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
Step 2: Pick Your Day
Tours are available weekdays only (Monday-Friday) during the academic year from mid-September through the end of April (excluding December and January due to our winter recess). Times will be verified with you once the tour is scheduled, but you can choose your preference of morning or afternoon.
Your Available Dates (please list more than one date if possible):
First Available Date
Second Available Date
Preferred Time of Day
Number of people attending tour
Step 3: Pick Your Tour
Choose a tour based on your interests. Students in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources have a wide variety of interests. Let’s set you up with a tour that’s catered toward your interests! All tours are approximately 30-60 minutes in length and may include a visit to our very own UDairy Creamery.
Choose ONLY ONE tour. If you have an interest in more than one area, we recommend the “Explore our World Tour”.
Explore our World Tour
– General Agriculture and Environmental Sciences interests - If you’re interested in Agriculture and Natural Resources and aren’t quite sure which of the many areas in the field you would like to pursue, this tour is for you! If you’ve taken some environmental classes and think you might want a major related to the environment, come explore our world! An Ag Ambassador will give you some insight into the many majors we offer and the possibilities you have within the University of Delaware’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Through the Looking Glass-The Biology of Animals Tour
– Animal Science, Pre-Vet interests - Come discover the science behind animals. Do you know that cows actually have four stomachs that give them the ability to digest more fiber than any other domesticated creature? Do you know what diseases are common amongst animals and humans and the impacts this may have on you? Spend some time with one of our Ag Ambassadors travelling around our on-campus UD Dairy, Poultry, Sheep, Beef, and Equine facilities. As you prepare for veterinary school, hear how this part of campus will be your most important hands-on classroom; an integral part of your studies here at UD.
It’s a W i d e Wild World Out There Tour
– Insect Ecology and Conservation, and Wildlife Ecology and Conservation interests - Do you like being outdoors and observing wildlife? Have you always loved visiting zoos? Are you fascinated with how wild things work and the role they play in our world? Or, are you interested in the interactions wildlife has with humans, and the environment? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, come learn about how the majors in the Department of Entomology and Wildlife Ecology can take you places in this world. Highlights will include a visit to our classrooms and labs and if you choose to add a meeting with a faculty member, your visit may even include a sneak peek of our preserved insects, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammal collections that we use for teaching.
Behind the Seeds Tour
– Plant Science, Landscape Horticulture & Design, Soil Science interests - Plants and soil are often overlooked as living things, but their science is critical to our quality of life. How can you take what you learn in the classroom and work in a field filled with endless possibilities? Come take a walking tour with one of our Ag Ambassadors through our gardens, greenhouses, and labs (including our landscape design lab) where groundbreaking research and teaching is being done each and every day.
The Science of Food Tour
– Food Science interest - Have you ever wanted to create new flavors of your favorite food? Do you think about how food is processed and packaged to maintain the best shelf life? Have you ever wondered how a foodborne outbreak is investigated? Science plays a very important role in something we all do every day…eat! Come meet with an Ag Ambassador who can help you learn about what it means to be a “Food Scientist” and the experiences you can have here at UD. A stop at our very own UDairy Creamery will be included on this tour.
Environment, Economics, Business, and Statistics Tour
– Environmental and Resource Economics, Food and Agribusiness Marketing and Management, Natural Resource Management, and Statistics interests - The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at UD puts a twist on various disciplines such as Business, Economics, Environmental Science, and Mathematics to create unique curriculums of study that are applicable to the world around us. Come learn about the Applied Economics and Statistics Department and the opportunities for University of Delaware students in this department.
Step 4: Want to Enhance Your Visit?
Make sure to check off if you want to...
Meet a faculty member who teaches in your area of interest. (30 minutes in length)
Attend an Admissions Information Session & Campus Tour. (2-2 ½ hours in length)
Spend a day… Shadow a current student and sit in on classes, eat in the dining hall, and see campus with a personal tour guide. This option is designed specifically for “students only.” Parents are welcome to relax in our Commons area in Townsend Hall or we can make suggestions on how to spend your time. PLEASE NOTE: Meeting one-on-one with a faculty member or attending a UD campus tour will not be available with this “spend a day” option due to time constraints. (3-5 hours)
Eight UD students selected to participate in Extension Scholars program
Thu, Jun 18, 2015
UD researcher finds potential cause of hollow heart disorder in watermelons
Thu, Jun 18, 2015
Markland, Savin named Benton Graduate Student Award recipients
Mon, Jun 22, 2015
UD students travel to California to learn about technology within produce industry
Thu, Jun 25, 2015
Awokuse named chair-elect for agricultural economics administrators group
Tue, Jun 30, 2015
UD graduate Jessica Palmer offers advice to future vet school applicants
Wed, Jul 08, 2015
UD scientists develop new water quality collaboration with researchers in France
Mon, Jul 20, 2015
UD’s Griffiths dives into underwater research in the Caribbean
Tue, Jul 21, 2015
UD graduate Radhika Samant finds career with Thomson Reuters
Tue, Jul 28, 2015
Serviam Girls Academy students learn about soils at inaugural camp at UD
Tue, Jul 28, 2015
More News >
Jan 4, 2015: Holiday Break
Sun, Jan 04, 2015
Oct 7, 2015: Acing the Interview for Agricultural and Natural Resource Majors at Career Services Center
Wed, Oct 07, 2015
Oct 15, 2015: Passport Day at Elliott Hall
Thu, Oct 15, 2015
Jan 3, 2016: Holiday Break
Sun, Jan 03, 2016
All Events >
Interact with us through social media to become part of the CANR Family.
Share our website on your networks! Click one of the icons below to share this website.
College of Agriculture & Natural Resources • 531 South College Ave. • Newark, DE 19716