Greg Shriver Additional Publications
|2010||32. Pepper, M. A. and W. G. Shriver. 2010. Effects of open marsh water management on the reproductive success and nesting ecology of seaside sparrows in tidal marshes. Waterbirds 33:381-388.31. Gingrich, J. B., L. O’Connor, W. H. Meredith, J. D. Pesek, and W. G. Shriver. 2010. Epidemiology of West Nile Virus: A Silent Epiornitic in Northern Delaware in 2007 without Associated Human Cases. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 26:274-286.
30. Shriver, W. G., T. P. Hodgman, J. P. Gibbs, and P. D. Vickery. 2010. Home Range Sizes and Habitat Use of Nelson’s and Saltmarsh Sparrows. The Wilson Journal of Ornithology 122:340–345.
29. Warner, S. E., W. G. Shriver, M. A. Pepper, and Robert J. Taylor. 2010. Mercury concentrations in tidal marsh sparrows and their use a bioindicators in Delaware Bay, USA. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 171:671–679.
|2009||28. Johnson, D. H., J. P. Gibbs, M. Herzog, S. Lor, N. D. Niemuth, C. A. Ribic, M. Seamans, T. L. Shaffer, W. G. Shriver, S. Stehman, and W. L. Thompson. 2009. A sampling design framework for monitoring secretive marshbirds. Waterbirds 32:203–215.27. Burghardt, K. T., D. W. Tallamy, and W. G. Shriver. 2009. The impact of native plants on biodiversity in suburban landscapes. Conservation Biology 23:219–224.
26. Wang, Y., B.R. Mitchell, J. Nugranad-Marzilli, G. Bonynge, Y. Zhou, and G. Shriver. 2009. Remote Sensing of Land-Cover Change and Landscape Context of the National Parks: A Case Study of the Northeast Temperate Network. Remote Sensing of Environment 112:1453–1461.
25. Tierney, G. L., D. Faber-Langendoen, B. R. Mitchell, W. G. Shriver, and J. P. Gibbs. 2009. Monitoring and evaluating the ecological integrity of forest ecosystems. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 7:308–316.
24. Schaeffer, K. M., W. P. Brown, and W. G. Shriver. 2009. Misdirected parental care by a male eastern towhee at a wood thrush nest. Wilson Journal of Ornithology 121:427–429.
23. Perkins, D. W., W. G. Shriver, and P. D. Vickery. 2009. The effects of fire on the breeding ecology of Florida Grasshopper Sparrows (Ammodramus savannarum floridanus) and Bachman’s Sparrows (Aimpohila aestivalis). Florida Field Naturalist 37:121–145.
|2008||22. Perkins, D., P. Vickery, and W. G. Shriver. 2008. Population viability analysis of the Florida Grasshopper Sparrow: Testing recovery goals and management options. Auk 125:167–178.|
|2007||21. Shriver, W. G., P. D. Vickery, J. P. Gibbs, T. P. Hodgman. 2007. Flood tides affect the breeding ecology of two sympatric sharp-tailed sparrows. Auk 124:552–560.|
|2006||20. Shriver, W. G., D. Evers, T. P. Hodgman, B. J. MacCulloch. 2006. Mercury in sharp-tailed sparrows breeding in coastal wetlands. Environmental Bioindicators 1:129–135.19. Hanson, A. R. and W. G. Shriver. 2006. Habitat use by salt marsh birds in Northeastern North America: effects of fragmentation and implications for conservation. Pages 141–154 in R. Greenberg, S. Droege, J. Maldonado, and M. V. McDonald, editors. Vertebrates of Tidal Marshes: Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation. Studies in Avian Biology 32, Lawrence, Kansas.
18. R. Greenberg, C. Elphick, J. Cully Nordby, C. Gjerdrum, H. Spautz, G. Shriver, B. Schmeling, B. Olsen, P. Marra, N. Nur, and M. Winter. 2006. Flooding and predation: trade-offs in nesting ecology of tidal-marsh sparrows. Pages 96-109 in R. Greenberg, S. Droege, J. Maldonado, and M. V. McDonald, editors. Vertebrates of Tidal Marshes: Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation. Studies in Avian Biology 32, Lawrence, Kansas.
|2005||17. Shriver, W. G., J. P. Gibbs, P. D. Vickery, H. L. Gibbs, T. P. Hodgman, P. T. Jones, and C. Jacques. 2005. Concordance between morphological and molecular markers in assessing hybridization between sharp-tailed sparrows in New England. Auk 121:94–107.16. Gibbs, J. P. and W. G. Shriver. 2005. Can road mortality limit populations of pool breeding amphibians? Wetlands Ecology and Management 13:281–289.
15. Vickery, P. D., B. Zuckerberg, A. L. Jones, W. G. Shriver, and A. P. Weik. 2005. Influence of fire and other anthropogenic practices on grassland and shrubland birds in New England. Studies in Avian Biology 30:139–146.
14. Engstrom, R. T., P. D. Vickery, D. P. Perkins, and W. G. Shriver. 2005. Effects of fire regime on birds in southeastern savannas and dry prairies. Studies in Avian Biology 30:147–160.
|2004||13. Shriver, W. G., P. Hodgman, J. P. Gibbs, and P. D. Vickery. 2004. Landscape context influences salt marsh bird diversity and area requirements in New England. Biological Conservation 119:545–553.12. Shriver, W. G. and J. P. Gibbs. 2004. Projected effects of sea-level rise on the population viability of Seaside Sparrows (Ammodramus mantimus) In H. R. Akcakaya et al. (eds.) Species Conservation and Management: Case Studies. Oxford University Press, 608 pp.|
|2003||11. Perkins, D. W., P. D. Vickery, and W. G. Shriver. 2003. Spatial dynamics of source-sink habitats: effects on rare grassland birds in fragmented landscapes. Journal of Wildlife Management 67:588-599.10. Jones, A. L., W. G. Shriver, P. D. Vickery, and R. Lockwood. 2003. A probable Grasshopper x Savannah Sparrow hybrid singing a Song Sparrow song. Wilson Bulletin 115:231–236.
9. Gibbs, J. P., W. G. Shriver, and H. Vargas. 2003. An assessment of a Galapagos rail population over thirteen years (1986 to 2000). Journal of Field Ornithology 74:136–140.
|2002||8. Gibbs, J. P., and W. G. Shriver. 2002. Estimating the effects of road mortality on turtle populations. Conservation Biology 16:1647–1652.7. Hodgman, T. P., W. G. Shriver, and P. D. Vickery. 2002. Redefming range overlap between the sharp-tailed sparrows of coastal New England. Wilson Bulletin 114:38–43.|
|2001||6. Shriver, W. G., and P. D. Vickery. 2001. Response of breeding Florida Grasshopper and Bachman’s sparrows to prescribed winter burning. Journal of Wildlife Management 65:397–402.|
|2000||5. Shriver, W. G. 2000. Book Review-Managing habitat for grassland birds: A guide for Wisconsin. Journal of Wildlife Management 64:887–888.|
|1999||4. Shriver, W. G., P. D. Vickery, and D. W. Perkins. 1999. The effect of summer burns on breeding Florida Grasshopper and Bachman’s sparrows. Studies in Avian Biology 19:144–148.3. Shriver, W. G., and P. D. Vickery. 1999. Aerial assessment of potential Florida Grasshopper Sparrow Habitat: Conservation in a fragmented landscape. Florida Field Naturalist 27:1–9.|
|1996||2. Shriver, W. G., P. D. Vickery, and S. A. Hedges. 1996. The effects of summer fire on Florida Grasshopper Sparrows. Florida Field Naturalist 24:68–73.|
|1991||1. Gibbs, J. P., W. G. Shriver, and S. Melvin. 1991. Spring and Summer Records of the Yellow Rail in Maine. Journal of Field Ornithology 62: 509–516.|