Why Pre-Veterinary Medicine at UD?
- You will be highly competitive for admissions to veterinary colleges. In fact, the number of our graduates admitted to veterinary colleges annually is twice the national average!
- Our alumni have been offered admission at 65% of U.S. veterinary colleges and at 6 international colleges.
- You are admitted directly into our Pre-Veterinary Medicine and Animal Biosciences major.
- Beginning in your first semester, you will work with horses, cows, sheep and yes, blue hens, on our 350-acre farm, which is located right on main campus. You can walk or ride your bike to the farm.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in undergraduate research and work closely with faculty scholars to solve problems in animal nutrition, immunology, virology and molecular biology.
- You can raise and train a service dog in your residence hall.
- Through the college’s study abroad programs you will have the opportunity to study cattle, sheep and horses in New Zealand and conservation biology of non-domestic animals in Tanzania.
- Our graduates recognize that healthy, productive livestock and pets lead to healthy and happy people!