CANR Space Committee
The CANR Space Committee was established by the Dean to coordinate space requests with available spaces as effectively and transparently as possible. The committee makes recommendations that are forwarded to the Dean for final determination.
include the Deputy Dean, facilities manager (ex officio), one member from each department, and a representative for the Carvel Center. Current representatives include:
|Greg Shriver (Chair)
|Facility Unit Representatives
are held quarterly or more frequently when required to evaluate requests and make recommendations. Requests are evaluated and decisions made based on the Space Committee Policy and other relevant considerations.
can be made to the committee by e-mailing [Greg Shriver
]. Please provide to the committee a brief description of the details, including:
- duration of use,
- people who will use this space,
- a short description of the proposed use,
- permanent structural modifications you envision for the space, and
- the source and amount of funds secured to make these modifications.
- A one page document would provide enough detail.
- Requests can be made either for available space listed on this page or without a specified preference.
- Requests must come from department chairs or indicate the chair’s support. Please consider developing requests through broad departmental discussions.
*** Please note that the space committee could choose to recommend that none of the requests for an available space be considered if the committee feels the space will not adequately match intended use(s).