Graduate School – Testing

  What kinds of admissions tests are there?
  • Most graduate and professional schools require test scores for admission. The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General test is required by most animal or food science graduate programs. Subject tests may be required for Masters and Doctoral degree programs outside of animal or food science.
When should I take admissions tests?
  • It is very important to prepare for and take these tests early. We recommend that you take these tests at the end of your junior year, so that you can submit your application materials early and have ample time to retake the test if necessary. Be sure to consult admissions deadlines and the Graduate School Timeline to determine your optimal test date
When should I sign up for admissions tests?
  • Sign up early to ensure that you can take the test on your desired date. There are no registration deadlines for computer based tests (GRE General and Written Assessment, GMAT), but registration is first come, first serve. The registration deadlines for GRE Subject Tests are approximately six weeks prior to the exam dates. Check with each testing organization to verify their policies
Where can I find information about graduate school admissions tests?
  • Graduate Record Exam (GRE) – The official site for the GRE. Includes answers to frequently asked questions and information on registration and testing sites.