- Ed Kee, Delaware secretary of agriculture;
- Mike Popovich, natural resource manager at CANR;
- Chris Magee, a fifth generation Sussex County farmer from Magee Farms;
- Nancy Bentley, owner of Fair Weather Farm, an organic operation in Fair Hill, Maryland;
- Becca Manning, manager of Historic Penn Farm in New Castle; and
- Sam Knauss, a student from Kansas State University who is interning with Monsanto Co.
Members of the University of Delaware community, as well as regional farmers and growers, gathered Thursday, Oct. 1, at the Trabant University Center Theatre to view the documentary Farmland and listen to a panel discussion from industry experts about challenges facing the agriculture industry. The panel discussion and the documentary screening were hosted by the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity with the panel discussion moderated by Weber Stibolt, a senior majoring in food science in UD’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR). Panelists included: