Erin M. Brannick, DVM, MS, DACVP
Education and Licensure
- B.A. (Biology) Wittenberg University 2001
- D.V.M. The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine 2006
- M.S. The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine 2010
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Pathologists (Anatomic Pathology) 2010
- Delaware Veterinary Medical License (active)
- ANFS 345 Introduction to Animal Physiology
- ANFS 440/640 Comparative Histopathology
- ANFS 450/650 Biomedical Communication
Director and Pathologist
- UD Allen and Lasher Laboratories
- Delaware Department of Agriculture
- Maryland Department of Agriculture
Research Collaborative and Interdisciplinary Research
- Pathogenesis and lesions of natural and experimental diseases in poultry.
- Pathology and histopathology support for multispecies studies on animal health or animal models of human disease.
- Consultation regarding tissue dissection, collection, trimming, fixation, image capture, digital pathology, and techniques in immunohistochemistry.
- World Veterinary Poultry Association
- American Association of Avian Pathologists (AAAP) – member
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP)- member Education Committee Member-at-Large-2012-2014, Program Theme Developer- 2015, Vice-Chair- 2016, Chair-2017, Program Chair for 2018 meeting in Washington, D.C.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) – member
- Reviewer for the American Journal of Veterinary Research, Avian Diseases, American Journal of Veterinary Research, Genes, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA), and Journal of Applied Poultry Research.
- Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program Award from USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture for veterinary professional service (2012, 2016)
- AVMA Future Leaders 2014-2015. Nominated by AAAP for excellence in professional leadership and service, 1 of 10 veterinarians selected nationally.
- UD College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Excellence in Advising Award (2014)
- UD Excellence in Teaching Award Nominee (2013, 2014)
- ACVP Young Investigator Award (2010)
- Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine Excellence in Pathology (2006)
Michael P. Babak, Erin M. Brannick, Carl J. Schmidt Behnam Abasht. Evidence and Role of Phlebitis and Lipid Infiltration in the Onset of Pathogenesis of Wooden Breast Disease in Modern Broiler Chickens. Avian Pathology, e-published July 3, 2017.
Jack Gelb, Jr., Daral J. Jackwood, Erin M. Brannick and Brian Stewart Ladman. Efficacy of Recombinant HVT-IBD Vaccines Administered to Broiler Chicks from a Single Breeder Flock at 30 and 60 Weeks of Age. Avian Diseases, 60: 3, 603-612, 2016.
Erin M. Brannick, Caitlin A. DeWilde, Erin Frey, Tracy L. Gluckman, Jeremy L. Keen, Michelle R. Larsen, Stephanie L. Mont, Matthew D. Rosenbaum, Julie R. Stafford, and Kristi L. Helke. Taking stock and making strides toward wellness in the veterinary workplace. JAVMA, 247: 7, 739-742, 2015.
Marie F. Mutryn, Erin M. Brannick, Weixuan Fu, William R. Lee and Behnam Abasht. Characterization of a novel chicken muscle disorder through differential gene expression and pathway analysis using RNA-sequencing. BMC Genomics, 16: 399, 2015.
Rogers, A., E. Pritchett, R. Alphin, E. Brannick, and E. Benson. I. Evaluation of the impact of alternative light technology on male broiler chicken growth, feed conversion, and allometric characteristics. Poultry Science, 94: 3, 408-414, 2015.
Rogers, A., E. Pritchett, R. Alphin, E. Brannick, and E. Benson. II. Evaluation of the impact of alternative light technology on male broiler chicken stress. Poultry Science, 94: 3, 331–337, 2015.
Jack Gelb, Jr., Brian S. Ladman, Conrad R. Pope, J. Miguel Ruano, Erin M. Brannick, Daniel A. Bautista, Colleen M. Coughlin, and Lauren A. Preskenis. Characterization of Nephropathogenic Infectious Bronchitis Virus DMV/1639/11 recovered from Delmarva broiler chickens in 2011. Avian Diseases, 57: 1, 65-70, 2013.
Kimberly M. Newkirk, Erin M. Brannick, and Donna F. Kusewitt. Neoplasia and tumor biology. In: Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease 6th Edition, ed. McGavin MD, Zachary JF, Mosby Elsevier, St. Louis, 2017.