Anastasia E. M. ChirnsideEducation
- Ph.D. – University of Delaware – 2004 Civil and Environmental Engineering
- M.S. – University of Delaware – 1981 Plant Science
- B.S. – University of Delaware – 1977 Plant Science
- ENWC 103 – Land and Water Management, Spring
- ENWC 314 – Comparative Terrestrial and Marine Ecology, Fall
- Water Quality and Waste Management
- Bioremediation and Mycoremediation
- Stormwater Control and Treatment
- Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development
- Analytical Chemistry, Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Certified Professional Agronomist
- Certified Pesticide Applicator
- ENWC Soil and Water Quality Analytical Laboratory
- American Society of Agronomy
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Environmental Water Resources Institute
- American Society of Agricultural & Biological Engineers
- American Water Resources Association
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Soil Science Society of America
Chirnside, A. E. and A. Kwart. 2017. Development of a Fungal Biocell Reactor for Treatment of a Food Processing Wastewater. In Emerging and Innovative Technologies, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress. pp. 417-426.
Chirnside, A. E.M., T. S. Kulkarni, M. Hart, S. V. Rose and R. Klinger. 2017. The 2014 Duke Energy Dan River Steam Station Coal Ash Spill – Eden, NC – Part IV. In EWRI Currents 19(1):4-10. EWRI Communications Council, EWRI of American Society of Civil Engineers.
Kang, D. H., M. Brady and Chirnside, A. E. M. 2017. Evaluation of Waste Concrete Road Materials for Use in Oyster Aquaculture-PHASE III. In Preparation
Chirnside, A. E. M., W. F. Ritter and M. Radosevich. 2017. Biodegradation of Aged Residues of Atrazine and Alachlor in a Mixed-Load Site Soil following pre-treatment with Fungal Enzymes. In preparation for Biotechnology and Bioengineering.
Chirnside, A. E. 2016. Effect of Spent Mushroom Compost Nutrient Levels on the Efficiency of a Fungal Bioreactor to Remove Escherichia Coli from Aqueous Manure Waste Streams. In World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2016 (pp. 398-407).
Kang, D. H., M. Bundy, and Chirnside, A. E. M. 2016. Evaluation of Waste Concrete Road Materials for Use in Oyster Aquaculture-Phase III, Report to Mid-Atlantic Transportation Sustainability – University Transportation Center (MATS-UTC), Pp. 12.
Chirnside, A. E.M., T. S. Kulkarni, M. Hart, and R. Klinger. 2016. The 2014 Duke Energy Dan River Steam Station Coal Ash Spill – Eden, NC – Part III. In EWRI Currents 18(3):5-9. EWRI Communications Council, EWRI of American Society of Civil Engineers.2015
Türkmen, M., Walther, E. F., Andres, A. S., Chirnside, A. E. M., Ritter, W. F., 2015. Evaluation of Wastewater Treatment Options Used in Rapid Infiltration Basin Systems (RIBS): Delaware Geological Survey Bulletin 1A, 22 pp.
Andres, A. S., Walther, E., Türkmen, M., He, C., Chirnside, A. E. M., Ritter, W., 2015. Groundwater Quality and Monitoring of Rapid Infiltration Basin Systems (RIBS), Theory and Field Experiments at Cape Henlopen State Park, Delaware: Delaware Geological Survey Bulletin 21C, 51 pp.2013
Shea, M., S. Litvin, and A. Chirnside. 2013. The effect of nitrogen, sulfur, and phosphorus compounds on bioremediation of oil spills by Pseudomonas fluorescein and Bacillus subtilis. Journal of Experimental Secondary Science. 30-37
Chirnside, A. E. M., and S. Hahn. 2013. “The use of recycled water for irrigation of turf and landscape plants: A comparison of the current state regulations for water reuse.” In Using 21st Century Technology to Better Manage Irrigation Water Supplies. Seventh International Conference on Irrigation and Drainage. B. T. Wahlin and S. S. Anderson, Eds. U.S. Committee on Irrigation and Drainage. Denver, CO. Pp.249-258.2011
Vasilas, B., J. Bowman, A. Rogerson, A. E. M. Chirnside, and W. F. Ritter. 2011. Impact of piers on tidal marshes: accumulation of wood preservative metals in water and soils. J. Environmental Science and Engineering. 5(3):260-270.