- Postdoc – Root Biology – Colorado State University
- Ph.D. – Plant Biotechnology – CFTRI, Mysore, India
- M.E. – Biochemical Engineering – BITS, Pilani, India
- My rhizosphere biology research is focused on understanding the biological significance of root exudation. Though root exudation clearly represents a significant carbon cost to the plant, the mechanisms and regulatory processes controlling root secretion are just now beginning to be examined. Root-root, root-microbe, and root-nematode communications are continuous occurrences in the rhizosphere, but due to the underground nature of roots, these intriguing interactions have largely been overlooked. My laboratory’s research is taking a multidisciplinary approach by interfacing plant biology and chemistry to unravel the underground communication process.
- Associate Editor: Plant and Soil, In Vitro -Plant, Plant Signaling and Behavior, Integrative and Communicative Biology
- Member, American Society of Plant Biologists
- Member, Phytochemical Society of North America
- Member, Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior