Dallas Hoover, Ph.D.Education
- B.S. Biology. Elizabethtown College (PA), 1973.
- M.S. Biological Sciences. University of Delaware, 1977.
- Ph.D. Food Science. University of Minnesota, 1981.
- ANFS 159 Topics in Food Science (1 cr)
- ANFS 305 Food Science (3 cr)
- ANFS 305 Food Science (online; 3 cr)
- ANFS 439/639 Food Microbiology (4 cr)
- Food process microbiology; high pressure processing
- Member: American Society for Microbiology, Institute of Food Technologists, International Association of Food Protection.
- Editorial boards: Journal of Food Science (associate editor), Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Food Biotechnology, Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, International Dairy Journal, Journal of Food Protection, Journal of Food Safety, and LWT-Food Science and Technology.
Neetoo, H., M. Ye, H. Chen, R.D. Joerger, D.T. Hicks, and D.G. Hoover. 2008. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 122:8‐15. Black, E.P., P. Setlow, A.D. Hocking, C.M. Stewart, A.L. Kelly and D.G. Hoover. 2007. Response of spores to high-pressure processing. Comp. Rev. Food Sci. Food Safety 6(4):103-119. Black, E.P., J. Wei, S. Adluri, D.E. Cortezzo, K. Koziol-Dube, D.G. Hoover and P. Setlow. 2007. Analysis of factors influencing the rate of germination of spores of Bacillus subtilis by very high pressure. J. Appl. Microbiol. 102:65-76. Vepachedu, V.R., K. Hirneisen, D.G. Hoover and P. Setlow. 2007. Studies of the release of small molecules during pressure germination of spores of Bacillus subtilis. Lett. Appl. Microbiol. 45(3):342-348.