- Ph.D. – Soil Microbiology – University of Minnesota
- M.S. – Soil Biochemistry – University of Maryland
- B.S. – Agronomy-Soils – University of Maryland
- PLSC151 – Introduction to Crop Science
- PLSC401 – Agronomic Crop Science
- PLSC441/ANFS402 – Forage Resource Management
- PLSC601 – Agronomic Crop Science
- PLSC641/ANFS602 – Forage Resource Management
- Hydric soils and wetlands ecology
- Water quality in wetlands
- Functional assessment of wetlands
- Monitoring of wetlands for hydrology and biogeochemical cycling
- Wetland identification and delineation
- Evaluation of environmental impact of anthropogenic disturbance of wetlands
- Identification, morphology and interpretation of hydric soils
- Chair, Mid-Atlantic Hydric Soils Committee
- Past Chair (2015), Wetland Soils Division, Soil Science Society of America
- Member, Northeast Hydric and Subaqueous Soils Committee
- Member, American Society of Agronomy
- Member, Crop Science Society of America
- Member, Mid-Atlantic Association of Professional Soil Scientists
- Member, Society of Wetland Scientists
Rogerson, J. E., J. L. Bowman, E. L. Tymkiw, G. M. Colligan, and B. L. Vasilas. 2014. The impacts of white-tailed deer browsing and distance from the forest edge on soybean yield. Wildlife Society Bulletin 38:473–479.
Lehmicke, A. J. J., J. L. Bowman, A. E. Banning, and B. L. Vasilas. 2013. Effect of tide level and time of day on detection rate and abundance of clapper rails in a mid-Atlantic tidal marsh system. Waterbirds 36:364–368.
Springer, M. T., J. L. Bowman, and B. L. Vasilas. 2013. The effect of white-tailed deer browsing on wheat quality and yield in Delaware. Wildlife Society Bulletin 37:155–161.
Vasilas, B., J. L. Bowman, A. Rogerson, A. Chirnside, and W. Ritter. 2012. Impact of piers on tidal marshes: accumulation of wood preservative metals in water and soils. Environmental Science and Management 5:260–270.
Colligan, G. M., J. L. Bowman, J. E. Rogerson, and, B. L. Vasilas. 2011. Factors affecting white-tailed deer browsing rates on early growth stages of soybean crops. Human-Wildlife Conflicts 5:321–332.
Vasilas, B., J. L. Bowman, A. Rogerson, A. Chirnside, and W. Ritter. 2011. Environmental impact of long piers on tidal marshes in Maryland – vegetation, soil, and marsh surface characteristics. Wetlands 31:423–431.
Vasilas, B., M. Rabenhorst, J. Fuhrmann, A. Chirnside, S. Inamdar. 2013. Wetland Biogeochemistry Techniques. In J. Anderson, W. Conway, and A. Davis (eds.) Wetland Techniques. Springer. New York, N.Y.
Vasilas, L. and B. Vasilas. 2013. Identification of Hydric Soils. In J. Anderson, W. Conway, and A. Davis (eds.) Wetland Techniques. Springer. New York, N.Y.
Vasilas, B. and J. Fuhrmann. 2011. Microbiology of Hydric Soils. In L.M. Vasilas and B.L. Vasilas (eds.). A Guide to Hydric Soils in the Mid-Atlantic Region. USDA, NRCS; Morgantown, WV.
Vasilas, L. and B. Vasilas. 2011. Hydric soils and wetland regulation. In L.M. Vasilas and B.L. Vasilas (eds.). A Guide to Hydric Soils in the Mid-Atlantic Region. USDA, NRCS; Morgantown, WV.