At the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, we grow great minds! With a full slate of majors and minors, our programs teach students how to feed the world and protect the planet, and our graduates are in high-demand. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the food, agriculture, natural resources and the environmental sectors will generate 57,900 annual openings for graduates with bachelor’s degrees or higher in those areas — nearly two jobs for every one graduate.
Our college is an educationally rich environment bursting with life and learning. Students are invited and encouraged to be full partners in their education. As an undergraduate student, we will strongly encourage you to question, discuss and develop the expertise necessary to formulate solutions to real-world challenges in whatever career you pursue.
Why choose UD?
- Unlike other colleges of agriculture, our 350-acre working farm right on our main campus will be your favorite classroom of all-time.
- Our students’ acceptance rate into veterinary schools is twice the national average.
- You will receive hands-on experience working with animals and crops—getting out into the field, wetlands, forests and greenhouses from day one.
- Our college has a small college feel with the benefits of a mid-sized university.
- We have 18 student clubs and organizations within the college alone and 400 others campus-wide.
- Our renowned faculty take immense pride in teaching, mentoring and advising students.
- Students help run our organic garden, which produces 10,000 pounds of food annually for the community, restaurants and areas in need.
- Our entrepreneurial undergraduates develop, market and sell our delicious UDairy Creamery ice cream to the public from our very own dairy cows.
- UD was the first college in the U.S. to study abroad; we travel to New Zealand, Brazil, Costa Rica and Tanzania just to name a few.
Expert guidance from our Office of Undergraduate Student Services
As a prospective student, we promise to:
- Be there for you through the college selection process;
- Offer you guidance and assistance to get the information you need to make wise choices about furthering your education;
- Provide opportunities to visit our unique campus;
- Provide information on our majors and programs of study;
- Connect you with faculty and students; and
- Make you feel confident about your college choice!